Friday 27 July 2012

NOTD - Olympics Inspired Nails

Hey Lovelies!

So today it's the official launch of the Olympics with the opening ceremony happening tonight ... I'm excited! Not the biggest fan of sports - too scared I would break a nail but I can't deny I am so excited for the Olympics! Firstly it's hosted by Great Britain this year and secondly I just love it when we unite and celebrate occasions such as this really makes me proud to be British!

So without further ado, please let me introduce my Olympics inspired nails. I chose to go with the theme "Go Team GB" as naturally I shall be supporting Team GB in all events in the next few weeks! For the base colour I used two coats of my go to white OPI's "Alpine Snow". I then used Barry M's "Jewel Britannia" - a clear based polish made up of red, silver and blue hexagon glitters and fine holographic glitters. Such a stunning polish and one I am very pleased to add to my collection. I applied one coat and then took a few photos. I loved it do much but was itching to do a jelly sandwich for something a little different and so I applied a very thin layer of Essie's "Marshmallow" which is a sheer milky white polish. This created a beautiful jelly sandwich effect, however, sadly I applied it just a little too thick on a couple of nails and was disappointed as it dulled the glitter too much underneath. Still I am loving this mani it makes me feel very patriotic.

Barry M's Jewel Britannia is available online only sadly :-( but I suggest you grab it whilst you can as it is limited edition and is a perfect polish for all you Americans too!

What do you think? X

3 comments:

  1. It looks really good in the jelly sandwich :) I ordered this the other night, very excited to play around with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Trust me you will love it! Really great buy especially for £2.99! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is how i had my nails last week love it. I then changed it and put the barry m Jewel Britannia over the barry m gold and i love it.

    ReplyDelete